Leftovers often get a bad rap. It's rare to spend the day looking forward to diving into a bowl of reheated pasta or day(s)-old stir-fried rice, but we think that should change. There's no reason the delicious dinner you enjoyed the night before, or the second half of that sandwich you loved, can't be something you're excited to finish off the next day. When done right, a meal made of leftovers can be a treat and a time-saver. After all, how often are any of us making single-servings of our favorite meals?
The key to enjoying leftovers is all in how they're stored and how easily they can be reheated. This is where Mepal comes in. The Dutch brand is known for its ergonomic, easy-to-stack, and easy-to-heat storage containers. They're the masters of combining form, style, and function in the realm of reusable food storage. Whether it's a stackable multi-piece set, a full pantry-organization kit, or a single-serving salad bowl with a built-in dressing container, their designs cater to the way you serve and store your meals.Knowing this, and seeing how much our community loves Mepal's products (five of their best-sellers have an average 5-star rating), let's dive into a few of our favorites. Keep reading for eight Mepal food-storage solutions that are worth adding to your collection.
1. Mepal Lunch Pot Mini, $32This two-piece container is ideal for soups, yogurt parfaits, or even a small salad with dressing. The bottom part of the container is deep enough to fit the main component of the meal—think: greens or Greek yogurt—and the smaller top part of the container is ready to hold your mix-ins like dressing, granola, fruit, or nuts. The two containers nest without touching, allowing everything to stay separate while still being compact. The best part? It's microwave and dishwasher safe, making both heating and cleaning a breeze.
2. Mepal Circula Bento Bowl, $40
If your kid hates when their foods touch, this bento bowl will save them from potential lunchroom meltdowns. It has a three-compartment design that helps keep everything separate without requiring multiple containers. It's also leakproof, airtight, microwave-safe, fridge- and freezer-safe, and dishwasher-safe—what can't it do?
3. Mepal Fruit and Veggie Cup, $37Snacking on the go has never been easier. Thanks to its airtight seal, this to-go cup keeps your fruit and vegetables fresh. It features a double-layer design that lets you rinse fruit in the mini colander and pop it right back inside, where it can drain. It also comes with a small fork, can hold up to 20 ounces, and comes in five colors.
7. Mepal Prep Bowls (Set of 4), $55
These round bowls are not only great for storing leftovers or meal-prepping, they always work magic with baking and cooking prep. Pre-portion your ingredients for a streamlined experience in your kitchen. It doesn't matter if you're prepping fruits and yogurt for smoothies, ingredients for a cake, or divvying up portions of soup—these bowls have got your back.
Mepal Ultimate 7-Piece Nested Storage Bowl Set
Shop Mepal Ultimate 7-Piece Nested Storage Bowl Set Now
More from Food52
- An Expert Guide to Organizing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 of Our Favorite Food-Storage Solutions
- 5 Weeknight Dinners for When You Want Leftovers
- A Very Handy Guide to the Most Popular Ingredient Substitutions